The Maldanado's came up with the whole gang to watch. This is a family in the ward that has all three of their son's in YM's with Rusty. It was fun to have them in the dome, Darwin just kept saying that he couldn't believe how nice our facility was and that it was for a high school to use. During the game, Rusty's parents were sweet enough to invite them to stay the night and go see some elk in the morning. Bro. Maldanado was very excited, but I can't say the same for the rest of the family. They did stay however, and it was great to get to know them a little better. The boys were really excited to sleep in Brother Wilkins old water bed! The dads and Rusty got up the next morning to go hear some elk buggle. They got to see and hear quite a bit! After they returned, we fed them some of Janet's famous biscuits and gravy, and then headed off to Escudilla to let them ride quads and see the changing colors. Rusty and I had been up there the day before on an all day ride. The colors were beautiful and the weather was perfect!
I think the Maldanado's had a great time, in fact I think it left Darwin with idea's of moving! Marcus just kept telling us that "mountain people are wierd!" Sounds like Marcus doesn't it? My mother in law has the best pics of the boys riding the quads. As soon as I get them from her, I will post them. Marcus even named my parents razor some funny name. He became quite attatched! Well, they left back for the valley that Saturday afternoon, and Rusty and I went to my parents for some much needed R&R before I had to get ready for the Womens broadcast. I had planned to go with my mom and sister to the broadcast. I don't get to spend much time with them and even less with us all together and just us girls. It was really sad when I was too sick to go with them. We did get to have dinner with them after since I was craving some of Booga Reds salsa. It was a great weekend with the Maldanado's and with our families! One of the best I would say, since Rusty and I got to spend a whole day, just the two of us riding and talking. Thanks babe for taking me, it was awesome! Oh, and if anyone wants to come and stay with us up there, we will take you around for some fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment