7/28/08

Work, Work, Work, all day long!?!?!?!

Rusty and I made a decision right before we got married that I would not work full-time. At first we didn't think benefits were very important.....ya right!!!! My career is in radiology and I actually make more money NOT working full time and staying on what's called PRN status or ON-CALL. This means that I work and fill in gaps when someone else can't. It has actually worked out great with how much Rusty and I were away from home and traveling the first two years of our marriage. Rusty started working with Walden and we now have GREAT benefits, but we still stuck with our original plan not to have me work a full time job. The only down side to this whole plan is that if everyone likes being at work...I don't have a whole lot of hours to fill. There has only been a few times that I go more than 5 or 6 days without working but those stretches kill me! Trust me, I like being home and cleaning and organizing my house, going on lunch dates, and just having my freedom, but not working for those long stretches makes me feel lazy and not productive. I don't even get as much done at home. So, when this job opportunity came up, I was really excited! It is a full time manager or lead position for two of the Urgent Cares that I work. I would work four days a week, Monday through Friday, and no weekends!!! It's a sweet deal! So, for three weeks I have been mulling over and planning how this interview would go. It is really all I have thought about. Finally, after having it cancelled once, I had my interview last Thursday. Holy Crap! That is soooooo intimidating! It was bad enough when I hired on to just do x-ray, but for a lead position they have to make sure that you can handle the whole department, and sit in on hiring and firings. So, I walk into this room, and there are three people there which consisted of my current director, a physician who is the medical director and another supervisor....three people staring at me! The questions started and they were all, "If Suzy was caught doing such and such, how would you handle it?" The political mind trap really! You know they have a set answer that they want you to give! Who really is their self in an interview anyway? Well, they were all really nice, but that sucked! So, two other girls that I work with also applied so we will see! They have been there for a while longer than I have so I am not sure of the chances, in health care seniority does matter.... a lot! We are hopefully finding out this week who got the position so this whole post is to ask for your positive thoughts and prayers....heaven knows I need it! Oh, and if I don't get it, don't send me the "I am really sorry" comment. You can just write, "Hey, stupid, you answered the question wrong!"

4 comments:

The Herberts said...

Hey Ashley, Good Luck. Nothing but good thoughts coming from my way! I can't wait to hear how things turn out. I didn't get to catch up with you on Sunday, but I hope all is well with you! We'll have to do lunch when we are finally back home and back to normal!

The Herberts said...

Hey Ashley - Good Luck! Nothing but good thoughts coming from my way! I can't wait to find out how things turn out! I didn't get to catch up with you on Sunday, but I hope all is well with you! We'll have to do lunch once we are back home and back to normal.

The Herberts said...

OK - so I have posted twice now because I didn't see my comment posted yet - but wow - what an idiot. I finally read "comment moderation has been enabled...yada yada yada.... Now I'm the one who needs all the help I can get. :)

Sonda Bryce said...

Good luck with the job! I had to laugh at the "if I don't get the job" comment! You are awesome! Let me know how it turns out...