I just have to say, Arizona rocks all the time, but this time of year is just awesome! We went to the Easter pageant last night, and of course, it was about 70 degrees outside! The whether was awesome and my favorite part, the orange blossoms in the air! That smell is my favorite ever! I have tried so many candles to find that smell and no matter what they just don't quite get it right. We met our Young Men and Young Womens groups there and it was a packed house! I am so grateful to work with the youth in our ward! This calling has definitely taken more time and thought and prayer than any calling I have ever had, but it is totally worth it for things like last night. Most of our ward sat in the grass on blankets so the kiddos could play, but a few of the youth came up to sit with Rusty and I and a few other on the chairs. (We got there early and got really good seats.) Four of my young women were sitting behind me, and as the pageant started, there was a group behind us that I don't think were to "into" this whole thing. They began laughing and talking really loud and making fun of the program. I was really proud to turn and see one of my young women (very politely) ask them to stop and that she was here to listen and watch. They continued to pester them all night! I didn't know that it continued all night or I would have said something, but I am so proud of those four girls. They could have caused a seen or been really mean but they didn't. They sat and tried to enjoy and feel the spirit. I learn all the time from the youth that they are so much more capable of achieving great things if we set the bar high and expect it! We have some great girls! Anyways, the night was great and the spirit was so strong. They must have changed the program since I had seen it last because it isn't quite the same, but I loved it! The music is great and it is awesome to see so many saints gathered together! I encourage anyone, if you are even thinking about it, please go! Your kids will love it and it's a great tool to teaching them the story of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his sacrifice and willingness to put me above his own suffering and pain, that I might live again! What an amazing thing it is to have the gospel, huh?
3/20/08
2008 Easter Pagent
I just have to say, Arizona rocks all the time, but this time of year is just awesome! We went to the Easter pageant last night, and of course, it was about 70 degrees outside! The whether was awesome and my favorite part, the orange blossoms in the air! That smell is my favorite ever! I have tried so many candles to find that smell and no matter what they just don't quite get it right. We met our Young Men and Young Womens groups there and it was a packed house! I am so grateful to work with the youth in our ward! This calling has definitely taken more time and thought and prayer than any calling I have ever had, but it is totally worth it for things like last night. Most of our ward sat in the grass on blankets so the kiddos could play, but a few of the youth came up to sit with Rusty and I and a few other on the chairs. (We got there early and got really good seats.) Four of my young women were sitting behind me, and as the pageant started, there was a group behind us that I don't think were to "into" this whole thing. They began laughing and talking really loud and making fun of the program. I was really proud to turn and see one of my young women (very politely) ask them to stop and that she was here to listen and watch. They continued to pester them all night! I didn't know that it continued all night or I would have said something, but I am so proud of those four girls. They could have caused a seen or been really mean but they didn't. They sat and tried to enjoy and feel the spirit. I learn all the time from the youth that they are so much more capable of achieving great things if we set the bar high and expect it! We have some great girls! Anyways, the night was great and the spirit was so strong. They must have changed the program since I had seen it last because it isn't quite the same, but I loved it! The music is great and it is awesome to see so many saints gathered together! I encourage anyone, if you are even thinking about it, please go! Your kids will love it and it's a great tool to teaching them the story of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for his sacrifice and willingness to put me above his own suffering and pain, that I might live again! What an amazing thing it is to have the gospel, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad that some of our girls have restraint because Karali almost beat the crap out of one our deacons for throwing grass, then her and Shelley both fell asleep while Nathan got some girls phone numbers. I think it was pretty spiritual for them.
Post a Comment