1/18/08

This George Strait song is for you Sammi Joy!


Tuesday I had the opportunity to spend some time with a long lost friend of mine. Sammi Joy and I were best friends in junior high. She is a cow-girl at heart and I went through this phase in J.H. that I thought I was as well! We spent everyday that summer on horses somewhere on the mountain. We thought it was so cool to be models so we used to have these photos shoots where we would get in our best "western wear" and take pictures all around her families ranch. Most of them, (we didn't notice until we got the pictures developed), my zipper was down. The pictures make me laugh so hard that I have to pull them out every once in a while!
I also remember one day we were riding down to the creek by her house with inter tubes around our bodies. As we got closer to the water, horse flys started swarming us! If you have never been bitten by one, they leave a welt and it hurts. So as we are both screaming and trying to get off the horses and into the water, Sammi trys to jump and her bathing suit gets caught on the fence post and she is just hanging there with an intertube around her waist. Even now as I'm writing it, I can't help but laugh out loud!
Well, Sammi Joy called me out of the blue and we met at her house then went to Applebee's for lunch. It was so much fun talking to her and catching up! We did a little dishing on days gone by as well. It's always been funny to me to talk to friends from high school since they had such different experiences than I did. After our Sophomore year, we were still friends but we didn't really hang out much. I'm glad to get to talk to her now and see her all grown up! Sammi is still sammi though, boots by her front door and diesel truck parked out front. She's awesome! We spent four hours at applebee's and then she took me to a desert place in Queen Creek that was awesome, the Apple Dumplin or something like that! Try it if you get a chance. Thanks Sammi for a great day! Love ya!

1 comment:

Bryce & Charly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.